This issue relates the history of the West Rutland Town Hall, and the role it has played as the center of both the political and social events of the town.
Written and organized by Victor and Ethel Sevigny it summarizes town meetings until 1886 when West Rutland became a separate entity. There is a lengthy description of
that first meeting in March of 1887, with a listing of members elected to office.
A full description of the celebration and activities of the new town hall that opened in February 1909 follows, and concludes with the School Director’s Report of 1918.
The Pneumonia Epidemic of 1813 is reported in detail by Dawn D. Hance including names of all of those who died. There were eighty victims from Clarendon; sixty from Castleton; and thirty from Shrewsbury. This was a devastating event that took years to heal.